Platform: Windows (other platforms)
Version: Alpha 0.1.1
Release date: September 29, 2015
This alpha version is deprecated - It is no longer able to validate FSDL documents based on FSDL 3.0 - find the latest Windows version
Note: Frogans Player for Developers (alpha) is a preliminary version provided on an "as is" basis. The OP3FT cannot guarantee that the rendering performed by this alpha version will be compatible down to the last pixel with the rendering performed by the release version of Frogans Player.
To be informed of the distribution of versions of Frogans Player, subscribe free of charge to the Announcement read-only mailing list.
Frogans Player for Developers (alpha) is intended for developers wishing to contribute to the development of the FSDL language and Frogans Player by creating and testing their first Frogans sites using FSDL 3.0.
This Frogans Player version is not intended for the general public.
Any contribution to the development of the Frogans technology, in any form, is considered as acceptance of the Frogans Technology Development Contributor Policy and the commitments it contains, without restriction or reserve.
This alpha version represents an opportunity for developers to participate in the development of the Frogans technology.
To post questions or suggestions, or to report errors relating to the FSDL language or to this Frogans Player version, subscribe free of charge to the Early-questions mailing list. Please prefix the subject of any posts you make to this list concerning FSDL 3.0 with "[FSDL]" and prefix the subject of any posts concerning Frogans Player for Developers with "[FP-Dev]".
The OP3FT is looking for feedback from the developer community in two key areas:
- The FSDL 3.0 language
You can suggest improvements in the design of FSDL, such as:
- changes to the minimum, maximum, and default values of attributes
- changes to applicability rules for attributes
- new Frogans slide rendering constraints (intended to ensure useability for end-users)
- The implementation of Frogans Player for Developers
You can suggest improvements or report errors in the implementation of Frogans Player for Developers, in areas such as:
- validation of FSDL documents (including error messages)
- rendering of Frogans slides
- Frogans Player GUI (e.g. the contextual menu, entry of Frogans addresses, icons)
Your feedback can concern either a given platform (Windows, MacOS X, or Linux) or all platforms.
Operating System versions currently supported:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- 133 MHz or more Pentium microprocessor (or equivalent)
- At least 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- At least 256 megabytes (MB) of available space for storage (e.g. HDD, SSD)
- Video adapter and monitor with 640x480 or higher resolution and 16 bit color
This version allows you to create and test Frogans sites under development whose Frogans slides are stored locally on your workstation. The address of your Frogans site under development must start with Test*.
This version implements the graphical elements of
It does not implement dynamic elements of FSDL.
The following elements are available for testing: <frogans-fsdl>, <file>, <resimage>, <respixels>, <resdraw>, <setfont>, <font>, <restext>, <text>, <setfilter>, <filter>, <layer>, and <button>.
This version does not manage Frogans slide rendering constraints, which are currently under discussion.
Future versions of Frogans Player for Developers will implement dynamic elements of FSDL and will allow you to host your Frogans sites under development on the server of your choice.
No change log is available since this is the first published version.
Known issues (as of October 1, 2015):
- This version of Frogans Player for Developers has not been optimized yet, and parsing and rendering can be slow. The release version of Frogans Player will be much faster.
- The error reporting system of the XML parser and the FSDL validator can generate incomplete or inaccurate messages.
- Assembling buttons can generate internal rendering errors.
- The following values of the "pfont" attribute of the <font> element generate an internal rendering error: '122-6-sans-r', '122-7-sans-r', '122-8-sans-r', '122-9-sans-r', '125-1-serif-b', '125-2-serif-r'.
- Text resources are not rendered correctly if the <setfont> element contains two or more <font> elements, or if the <restext> elements or its <text> child elements refer to more than one <setfont> element.
- Text resources are not rendered correctly for text with a vertical orientation, i.e. if the "orientation" attribute of the <restext> element starts with 'v-'.
- Frogans Player for Developers [noinstall] (7z version): FrogansPlayer4Dev-noinstall-alpha0.1.1-win32.7z - 31.2 MB - [ SHA1 ]
Instructions on how to download and use Frogans Player for Developers will be available soon. In the meantime, you can watch the corresponding presentation given during the Frogans Technology Conference 5, available at conference.frogans.org.
Legal information / Credits
Frogans Player for Developers [noinstall]
Copyright ©1999-2015 OP3FT
All rights reserved
Frogans Player for Developers is Software developed by and belonging to the OP3FT. The Software must be used in compliance with the Frogans Technology User Policy, accessible at the following permanent URL: https://www.frogans.org/en/resources/ftup/access.html.
By downloading Frogans Player for Developers, you agree to and undertake to be bound by the latest version of the Frogans Technology User Policy.
Frogans Player for Developers uses third-party source materials which are credited in the "COPYRIGHT-AND-LICENSE" directory available in the Software distribution archive to be downloaded (see download).
© OP3FT - Home - Legal information